Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop central dimensions in drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cairns1313
260 Views, 4 Replies

Stop central dimensions in drawing

Hi, I've made a quite small sheet metal part and it requires bends that are 6.5mm @ 90 degrees almost all around the part, my problem is I need to set the dimension, press escape, and then move the dimension manually. When working with 15+ of these different parts I would find it easier just to click the lines and drop the dimension where I want manually... Is this possible?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: cairns1313

Hi!

Not possible, because the tool "dimension" will be always ready to insert another dimension. The dimension tool stays "on".

So, you have to escape the command to adjust the position.

Tip: after you adjust the dimension, you can hit SPACE bar, or ENTER key to bring the dimension command back.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
cairns1313
in reply to: CCarreiras

I was expecting an answer like that, I had a look through most of the settings and I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted and auto dimension is out of the question.

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: cairns1313

You are doing this in a drawing (2D "paperspace")?  Not in a model (3D)?

If you're working in a drawing, why are you not able to place a dimension where you want it?

Can you at least post a screenshot indicating where you're having trouble?

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.0.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 5 of 5
cidhelp
in reply to: SBix26

Try pressing Strg-Key while positioning the dimensiontext. Is this what you are seaching for?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report