Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Symbol

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lkirit2000
213 Views, 4 Replies

Sketch Symbol

Hi 

When I create a Sketch Symbol I created some texts as Prompted Entry. But it should be Text.

How I can change it to text rather than retype ?

Rgds

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: lkirit2000

Hi @lkirit2000.

I am sorry but it not that clearly for me. Are you talking about sketch symbol in drawing? 

When define a new sketch symbol and type a text in? After that, the text is not able to edit? 

Is above right?

Could you help clarify a bit more or show more details?

Thanks!

Xun
Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Are you trying to copy the symbol without having to type in the prompted text? You could copy the symbol after you inserted it to the drawing. If this is not what you are looking for, please attach the idw/dwg file so forum experts can comment further.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
lkirit2000
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi 

When we define a symbol, as seen in the following images we type and select it is prompted entry, model parameter ...etc,

So for a case I entered  "finished "  assigned to prompted entry. 

After that I changed my mind that shouldn't be prompted entry, Should be text. How I can change it ? 

symbol -1.JPG

Rgds

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! You simply edit the text, highlight it, and change the dropdown menu to something else. Does it not work for you? Please attach an example, if you cannot get it to work.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report