Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch not showing during sketching

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jeremy.larre
691 Views, 8 Replies

sketch not showing during sketching

Hello,

i have a recurring problem, using inventor 2014 there...

Editing a sketch can cause an other sketch to hide, dispite this previous sketch is "visible" state.

i am unable to make any projection between these sketches, i can't figure why.

I bet i am not the only to experience this problem, but i can't find any solution !

only this thread https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/sketch-visibility-turns-off-after-edit/m-p/6606917

but no real solution

JL

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
alex.haerens
in reply to: jeremy.larre

Is the sketch invisible in sketch view only ?  What happens if you toggle sketch plane on/off (F7-key) ?  Or look from a different side ?  Is there a difference if you "share" the sketch you want to keep visible ?  What happens when you rotate the view ?  Does the sketch highlite in the view if you hover over it in the browser section ?

Message 3 of 9

Can you Attach a *.ipt file that illustrates this behavior?

Does the behavior occur in only one special file, or can you reproduce the behavior in a new file?

Message 4 of 9
jeremy.larre
in reply to: alex.haerens

alex yes exactly sketch isturn on invisible in sketch view only

nothing change with F7 or sharing sketch, however when i mouse over the sketch in tree its turn in highlight style on the view.

The cad: 

This only happen in some specific situation

example : i edit sketch "ligne sol..."; now, the sketch "centres machines" is not showing, despite it is not hidden

Capture.JPGCapture2.png

as you can see by mousing on the sketch "centre machine" its appear showing in highlight style

Message 5 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! I believe it is a kind of scene corruption. I have seen this kind of case before in older releases but much rare in newer releases. There might be ways to purge the corruption but I will need to see the files. Please feel free to share with me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I can take a look and see if there is a way to fix it.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 9
alex.haerens

Not a solution but a workaround. Except for curves you can replace all sketches with workplanes, work axis and work points. You can rename them to meaningfull names. And I have not had a case where work features fail to be visible and/or usable.

I will prefer work features above sketches for all features because they are more stable and better to "force" into design intent. Some examples. You need a hole at a certain height and distance. In a first design you would define the location in a sketch. But then you find yourself in need of some ribs to reinforce this hole. And then the shape of the part changes or you have to restart with new geometry. If you attached the hole to references of the part it might not adapt in the way you expect or it may loose the relations all together. Doing the same with work geometry you can easily attach all features to work geometry and get consistent behaviour, even change base features without losing intelligence. Sketches can also flip sides : 10mm from a feature is valid to the left, as well as to the right. If you use a work plane at a distance then you can make it move either way by choosing +10mm or  -10mm for the distance variable.

(been there, done that) Alex

Message 7 of 9

I am surprised that nobody has suggested the obvious -

Open TFC-skeleton2.ipt

File Save As>Save as Copy to some other name.

Drag the red End of Part marker to just below linge sol haut 6L sketch.

Right click on the red EOP marker and select Delete all below.

Save the file again and Attach here to see if others can reproduce this issue on their machines.

Message 8 of 9
SHL_ADL_01

Hi, I had the same problem just now. It had me scratching my head for a few moments so I feel I should help out.

I managed to create this problem by half sectioning the model on the last feature on the tree, but then moving the end of block (red cross at the bottom of the tree) further up the tree to edit a sketch this sketch is now invisible with visible turned on. Only visible when you scroll the cursor over it in the tree. 

To fix move the end of the block to the bottom then "end section view" and procced to edit the sketch

Message 9 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: SHL_ADL_01

Note that the Section operation is not a feature in the tree, so there is no need to move the End of Part back to the bottom before doing the End Section.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023.2.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report