Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplify Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Larry.PregizerYSCM4
200 Views, 2 Replies

Simplify Error

While simplifying a large model assembly I get the below error:

Assembly_Simplify_1.ipt. Errors occurred during update.

I have checked the box for:

Make independent bodies on failed Boolean

Any help is greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Larry,

The Simplification error message is a bit generic. It could mean that Inventor has trouble combining the body geometry. Or, something else went wrong. Please share the files in zip here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. The forum experts and I can take a look at the model to understand the issue better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
SER4
in reply to: Larry.PregizerYSCM4

I've gotten this problem also.  A further error below is "Relationship was placed with respect to geometry that is no longer available."
In my case it was a problem with leaving broken constraints uncorrected because I replaced an iPart with a replacement regular part (with model states).

My workaround was to suppress all the broken constraints/relationships, THEN do the simplify command, and it should actually let you.

(The annoying part is that I could even see the simplified part in the workspace window, but I could not Accept it because there was no Accept button--only Cancel button).

@johnsonshiue, Please add an Accept button!

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2025 (30.0.91.0); Inventor Pro 2025.0.1 (162).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report