Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting 2d contact loop

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
etfrench
485 Views, 4 Replies

Selecting 2d contact loop

How do you select the entire loop of sketch geometry for a 2d contact joint?  In this image, there is a rectangular sketch loop that the 2d contact joint dialog only allows one leg to be selected.

2DContact_Loop.jpg

ETFrench

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: etfrench

You only need to select one element - Inventor will find the Loop or give you an error.

You might need to flip the normal direction AFTER creating the joint.

Message 3 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Unfortunately, Inventor is not selecting the loop.  It is only selecting one segment of the loop.  There are no error messages.

The offending sketch is Sketch5 in Workpiece.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: etfrench

In your video I never saw you pick your second Loop?

I think maybe you misunderstood my previous response.

Even though only one entity highlights when you select for your first Loop the entire logical Loop is selected (if Inventor can't figure out a logical loop, it would immediately return an error). Go ahead and select your second loop.  If you don't get expected results, then we can diagnose and move on from there.

BTW: This will be my last response. I see that Sketch1 in your BaseRosette is not constrained to the Origin, missing Tangents.  As a matter of principle it is my opinion that this should be mastered before moving to Dynamic Simulation.  Good luck with your design.

Missing Dimensions and Constraints.PNG

I assume you meant to dimension the Radius?

Odd Dimension.PNG

Message 5 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Silly me, I was expecting the UI to be consistent between selecting an extruded face and selecting a sketch loop Smiley Happy

Fully constraining sketches is only necessary if you're planning on making changes.  So far, these are just throw away excercises to determine if I want to continue using Inventor.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report