Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving parts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
184 Views, 4 Replies

saving parts

Two questions

1. When upgrading from Inventor 2013 to 2015 what is the ideal way to save parts and assemblies from 2013 to 2015?

2. Projects - how do you set your projects.Do you have a separate project folder for each design ( example: a project file for each different machine type)

Best Regards,

Ray H

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wrw0007
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this.
2. There are different ways to utilize the projects. Some companies will use a single independent project on a server and work within that. To me this would be chaos but that is because my company creates a new folder and project for each different type of equipment/panel (in your case "machine")
The next question you will have is whether you want a single user project or vault project. That is dependent on how you prefer to manage them. Sign out/Sign in or always open. Usually company size/communication dictates that.
Message 3 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: wrw0007

Are you using vault?

You can use the Task Scheduler and Migrate ..

You can let it migrate as you open and save files ...

However using the Task Scheduler to migrate is usually what I do ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

Projects are you referring to IPJ's ...

That's up to you and your company.

My work, we have 1 company wide IPJ, that is set up with all the standards we want everyone to use. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Two questions

1. When upgrading from Inventor 2013 to 2015 what is the ideal way to save parts and assemblies from 2013 to 2015?

You don't really need to do anything other than open the 2013 files in 2015 and save. At that time Inventor will save them as 2015 files, and they won't be able to be opened in 2013 any longer. However, you might want to migrate all of your 2013 files to 2015, as it will make working with assemblies quicker.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-FB9B4422-2348-46FA-964B-7845D9D96018

2. Projects - how do you set your projects.Do you have a separate project folder for each design ( example: a project file for each different machine type)

See this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/when-and-why-to-create-projects/m-p/5222503#M518972

Best Regards,

Ray H

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report