Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVING A NEW TITLE BLOCK

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
avaya2012
965 Views, 4 Replies

SAVING A NEW TITLE BLOCK

I have been using Inventor for about 4-5 years now but have dealt very little with modifying and updating title blocks.  We have a custom title block that we have been using but it is now time to get it updated. 

I saved the existing title block as a new template simply as a test title block to play around with. When I create an .idw and look at the browser it is still referencing the old title block called Title Block 1.  I am afraid if I make any changes to the title block it will mess up our current title block.  Is this correct?  Am I missing a step somewhere?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi avaya2012,

To create a new TB, just edit the existing one, make changes and then right click and choose Save Title Block. You'll be given the opportunity to Save As in order to create a new one.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5

I got that far and figured out but I do not know where it is saving it.  I clicked save as..then typed my new name and save.  After that I dont know where it is.  The title block I am in still has the old title block name in it.

Message 4 of 5
msklein
in reply to: avaya2012

Delete the title block out of your format and then insert your new one then just save the templet. After verifying  new title block works delete all traces of old title block, should be fine from here on out.

MSK

Message 5 of 5
avaya2012
in reply to: msklein

I finally got it figured out.  I was making it more difficult than it was.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report