Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaveAs/Export to SVG format

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikeh4
14535 Views, 3 Replies

SaveAs/Export to SVG format

We are working w/ 2 different companies to do web based parts pages for our customers, and both require an SVG format.  To this point we're struggling to get an IDW to SVG workflow.  Only success we've found is via DWG which would be OK, but even that work flow requires several steps and 3rd party apps.

If this would help you please vote in the ideastation:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/saveas-export-to-svg-format/idi-p/6702174

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: mikeh4

While you wait for that.. (just another 3rd party suggestion that works great)

Inkscape (free) can import dxf and output svg

https://inkscape.org/en/

I kind of wonder the usefulness of svg drawings on a website for customers..

Personally I'd much rather have the dwg file or even a pdf... 

An SVG is a great format for certain things but if your customers want 2d drawings they want dwg files not pretty scalable pictures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
mikeh4
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the feed back.  I ran across the inkscape, just find it cumbersome to create an IDW or DWG, generate a DXF and the the SVG.  A lot of file to manage.

This is strictly for interactive parts pages/ parts diagrams, equivalent to what you might find in an owners manual.  We're not sharing drawings through this format.

Thanks Again

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I am not sure all the uses for svg files but I am learning to use 3D printers and it is what they use.  I am trying to use my Inventor files to create a prototype on a 3D printer.  Any other suggestion on files to use for this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report