Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot path generation from 3D CAD

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
singh.vishwa98
1625 Views, 4 Replies

Robot path generation from 3D CAD

Can Autodesk Inventor help in generating a path for robotic arm movement? Like it is done in this video -Video

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: singh.vishwa98

Environments>Dynamic Simulation and use the Input Grapher.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
singh.vishwa98
in reply to: JDMather

So will it generate path and give output file (.txt format) for Robot? Also
can I use this output file to directly feed the Robotic Arm software?
Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: singh.vishwa98

I was thinking more of going the other way - driving an Inventor assembly robot with Excel to simulate the robot motion in Inventor and calculate forces, velocities and so on...

I have never worked with programming a robot.  Generating a path (Trace) in Inventor is pretty easy, but I don't know how to convert it to code that is appropriate for a robot control software.

I took a look at the output code from Inventor *.iaa and it is not ASCII text, so I don't know if it is useable in any way.

It appears from the YouTube video that it is certainly doable, but not OOTB Inventor functionality.  Would require some coding.

Might post your question over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/bd-p/120 and be sure to include a complete description of your goal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
singh.vishwa98
in reply to: JDMather

Thank You, sir, for the details and helpful advice 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report