Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming and moving files generated with bolted connections

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
srionde
445 Views, 2 Replies

Renaming and moving files generated with bolted connections

Hi Everyone

My customer set a new procedure about parts number and files name.

Unfortunatly, it look likes i am the only one (or Almost) working with bolted connections. 

I have created my own librairy with the template of parts # i want.

However, i also need to have those harware parts not located in the  content center files in my vault, but in my project folder.

Question, : is this a fast way to place all files generated by bolted connection to the folder i want. And those files must be in read/write.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: srionde

Hi! You can change the default desktop content location (Projects -> Folder options -> Content Center Files). Whether or not the CC part is editable depends on how it is inserted (Standard vs Custom). By default, the parts inserted from Bolted Connection are all standard parts.

You can create another project so that CC folder is editable and you can modify as you wish. However, it can lose its link to the CC library. Do you mind elaborate the need to have this workflow?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
jan_priban
in reply to: srionde

Hi,

as Johnson suggested and you know, you can define folder, where IPTs generated by Content Center are stored. 

CCFolder.png

This folder is/gets type of "Library" folder, which means files stored there can't be modified. By default (and it is not possible to change) Bolted connection generates bolts/washers/nuts in this "Content Center Files folder". So currently it is not possible to have Content Center files editable.

Only one existing way is instance content center part As Custom, but as said, Bolted Connection does not allow it, Bolted Connection always generates content center parts As Standard under library folder "Content Center Files folder"

AsCustom.png

Regards

Jan Priban, Autodesk Content Center team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report