Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove lines created with extrusions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1247 Views, 2 Replies

Remove lines created with extrusions

I received a part that I had to modify (I'm attaching it). the original part was a homogeneous rectangle, and I had to add two smaller rectangles to the side and extrude them. When I created the extrusion, there is now a line between the original and my part. I would like to combine them, but the 'combine' button says that both parts need to be solid bodies for me to do that. It appears as if they are now a single solid body, but the line that separates the rectangles still exists in one of the faces of the part. The same is true for my inward extrusion of the small rectangle with fillet at the bottom. How can I proceed? Thanks

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
andrewiv
in reply to: Anonymous

Your extrusions are not the exact distance they need to be.  For example the Extrusion4 is set to a distance of 0.109 but if you measure the thickness of the original solid it is actually 0.108582677.  If you want them to be the exact same thickness I would extrude to the face instead of using a distance.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewiv

I didn't know that was an option, thank you :)!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report