Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenerate Assembly Button?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1498 Views, 2 Replies

Regenerate Assembly Button?

I did a search of this and it just showed me iassembly results which is a little over my herad at this point.  Most of my background is in PTC Creo and I just started learning inventor couple weeks ago.  Keeping this as straight forward as I can I have a basic assembly and I make a subassembly flexible and can move it around as much as its constraints will allow.  

The question: In creo after I got done moving stuff around, if I remember correctly, I could just click the regenerate button up in the ribbon and the components would snap back to their saved positions.  Is this an option in inventor? Or is there a way to set their resting position/regen position?  

Thanks in advance for any info.

-Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Either

1. Create Postition and Design View Representations

and/or

2. You can set resting position in an Assembly Constraint (expand the dialog box).

It would probably be easiest to understand if you attached your actual assembly here and someone can demonstrate options using your assembly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Some times it's easier to lock down your assembly with all the required constraints and then simple suppress one or more of the constraits to allow you to move/reposition the desired component.

Or as JD posted, create a new View Rep and position the component with the Contraint Override in the View Rep. This will allow for multi positions at the click of the desired view rep

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report