Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realign Auxiliary Views command creates Hidden Raster View visible when Exported to PDF.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jimmyflash
783 Views, 9 Replies

Realign Auxiliary Views command creates Hidden Raster View visible when Exported to PDF.

Error description: Realign Auxiliary Views command creates Hidden Raster View visible when Exported to PDF.

Steps to reproduce an error:

1) Create any 3D model

2) Create the drawing with base view and auxiliary view by any edge. (Now try to export PDF. No issues occured)

initial aux viewinitial aux view

3) Use Realign Auxiliary Views when use different edge.

realigned aux viewrealigned aux view

4) Export to PDF. Raster view msg Popup.

raster view msg when export to pdfraster view msg when export to pdf

5) In PDF is shaded rastered view. No way to remove even when change, move od delete any of views.

output pdfoutput pdf

Inventor Version:

jimmyflash_0-1596627683344.png

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CGBenner
in reply to: jimmyflash

@jimmyflash 

Hello.  Very detailed post.. thank you!

Did you export the pdf immediately after realigning the view, or did you do this step a bit later?  I ask because i have seen raster views take longer than you might expect to return to vector state.  In some cases I have seen where I had to close the file and reopen it to get the view back to "normal".  It could be that Inventor was still "chewing" on this when you created the pdf.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 10
sundars

Hi @jimmyflash 

I have verified the issue to be a real issue reproducible even without "Enable background updates". The realign aux view appears to be leaking a preview node - thats bad. We have been chasing the leak for a while now and looks like this may be the first instance where we can reproduce it successfully. Thank you for reporting this.

I have created a defect for this - INVGEN-44136 and we will get it on right away (chop-chop) 🙂

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 4 of 10
CGBenner
in reply to: sundars

@jimmyflash 

Nice catch!

@sundars Fix it!  Fix it!! 🤣😂

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 10
jimmyflash
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner 

Actualy time or re-opening doesn't matter, raster view is still in the drawing. I have started to use this command not long ago and always had the same issue on multiple drawings. But there is no way to remove this raster view, so it means the drawing is destroyed.

Only way I found to fix this issue is to copy all the views into new empty file.

@sundars thanks for confirmation and future steps.

BR

Message 6 of 10
sundars

Hi @jimmyflash 

You are right, currently there is no workaround for this issue except to copy the views to a different drawing :(. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will try to address this issue as quickly as possible. Having that leaked view won't really harm you since it's hidden and you can ignore that raster message.....but I would be really interested if you can reproduce the case from scratch where you are seeing extra shaded images from that leaked view during print preview or export to dwf or export to pdf. 

Either way we will work on the fix.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 7 of 10
sjgreen_cryogenic

Any fix yet? I just experienced this issue

Message 8 of 10
sundars
in reply to: sjgreen_cryogenic

Hi @sjgreen_cryogenic 

We are happy to report that this issue has been fixed internally. It should be available in the next update (Inventor 2021.2). I don't have release dates for Inventor 2021.2 but it will happen soon. Thanks to @jimmyflash  for reporting this, we were able to quickly isolate the issue and narrow down the root cause.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 9 of 10
Michael.Stoick

You stated that this issue has been fixed.  I'm working in Inventor 2022 and I'm having this issue.

How do I get rid of the unwanted raster image in my print-outs?  Thanks

Message 10 of 10
sundars
in reply to: Michael.Stoick

Hi @Michael.Stoick 

If you open your legacy drawing we try to remove the leaked view automatically - so technically it shouldn't show up. If you are still seeing the issue, you could copy all the sane and correct views on that sheet to a different sheet and then delete the first sheet with the leaked view. That should fix the problem.

Would you mind emailing me the IDW file - so I can take a look at it please? You can reach me at: sundarsATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report