Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects location

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chris30
353 Views, 5 Replies

Projects location

Haven't figured out what happend, but Inventor no longer can find Projects Folder. 

I have gone into Application Options and browsed to the proper Projects Folder (which is on a mapped network drive- O:), but Inventor will not display a list of Projects as it has always done.  The only project it displays is the Default project (%USERPROFILE%\chris.KVAWELDING\Documents\Inventor\).  I can see the ipj files in the Projects Folder if I open the folder with Computer, so I know they are there.

I have restarted Inventor after selecting the appropriate Projects Folder, but that did not help.

Any help to get my Projects back will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: chris30

Have you looked in that folder to see if there are any project shortcuts there?  If they are in a location shared by others (?) is it possible someone else accidentally deleted them?  If you browse and add projects, do they remain available?

What version of Inventor are you using?

OK, I reread your post, and I see that you did look in that folder.  But you are saying that the .ipj files are there-- is that really where your .ipj files are?  Or is it actually a list of shortcuts to the actual .ipj files in other locations?

Message 3 of 6
swei01
in reply to: SBix26

Assuming you are in 2013, did you download the service pack yet?  This took care of SOME of the issues we have..

Hyperlink, thread, (whatever you want to call it!)  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

Message 4 of 6
chris30

The folder I was looking in contained the .ipj files, not shortcuts.

I have gone ahead and Browsed to the project files so that Inventor would find them again, so for now every thing is back up and running.  Just a pain in the you-know-where to have to go through all that.   Inventor knew what projects to look for, it actually gave me a long list of all the projects files it could not locate.  But all of the project files were in the exact location where Inventor said it could not find them.

BTW I am on IV 13 Pro/Ultimate.  I don't believe I have installed any Service Packs yet.

Message 5 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: chris30

No service packs yet for 2013.  An Update was issued a few weeks ago, which is a collection of hotfixes for specific issues, but no SP.

The list in your Project editor is actually the shortcuts to projects that are stored in the location specified by App Options > File > Projects folder.  If Inventor can't find the project file the shortcut points to, it "helpfully" deletes the shortcut for you.  For whatever reason, it couldn't, at that moment, locate the shortcut targets, so it got rid of the shortcuts for you.

One other possibility, I suppose, is that your App Options pointer got changed to a different folder where there were no shortcuts.  I've had weird things happen with App Options (registry items) in recent versions.

Message 6 of 6
emily.xu

Another suggestion is try to use UNC path for your network project location in the application options, not use mapped drive,see if it works.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report