Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Shell

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
326 Views, 1 Reply

Problems with Shell

Hey people.  I've been fighting with the model for a while.  Using Inventor 2013.  Created this part everything is dandy.  Had to make some changes and now the shell won't work and the changes are very subtle. Go back to the original part and it shells.  I've been using Inventor for a long time since Mech Desktop so I do know what I'm doing.  But I just cant see a reason its not shelling.   I hate when it tells you to make the thickness smaller... well I cant... that's the thickness.  I've attached both of them.  The one without rev is the original and what it is suppose to look like.  The rev 5 is what  needed to change and it won't shell.  Any thoughts?  I need to make this geometry work.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
3D4Play
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the "merge tangent faces" in your loft feature. Then uncheck the "automatic face chain" in the shell. The loft geometry will change ever so slightly, but (in 2021) it looks like this after the shell:

3D4Play_0-1592845323258.png

Is that what you're looking for, to start with?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report