Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer settings in general

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
magomed.daourbekovRHWN8
210 Views, 4 Replies

Printer settings in general

I'm new to this but I was wondering, why is one of the most important aspect of this program, of engineering in general, so underdeveloped?

If my sheet size is a4, it prints on a4 size.

If my sheet size is a3, it prints on a4 size.

To change the setting to the correct print size, I have to change the printer settings. This is definitely an annoyance.

But what do I do if my sheets in my .idw are a mix of a4 and a3? Print them induvidually?

Or am I missing some important options?

Is anyone out there with advanced knowledge of Inventor?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I never mix sheet size in drawing because it never worked.

I don't think it work in PDF either.

Also I follow "one part one drawing".

There was a time IV will go crazy when there is over 10 sheets in a drawing.

Message 3 of 5

See if your printer driver allows you to set up custom presets, like mine does below (this is set up in Windows, not Inventor). However, you will still need to print with the correct preset in Inventor. BTW-so below you would have A3, A4, etc...

mluterman_0-1665062432829.png

Message 4 of 5

I do frequently have A and B sized sheets within a single idw file.  They must be printed individually, or they will all come out on the same size paper.  If you have 3 A sheets and then 3 B sheets, those can be printed as groups, saving some time.

Message 5 of 5

Hii,I have buy a new Best Sublimation Printer for Cricut and i have to install it with my work sation. But i can't satisfied with his printing quality. I think i have not installed his driver properly or may be a setting problem. Could you please help me to install it again? Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report