Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positional Reps won't propagate in circular pattern.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
304 Views, 4 Replies

Positional Reps won't propagate in circular pattern.

I work with designing tools for pipelines.  Being that they're round, I use a lot of radial circular patterning.  I find it very frustrating that positional representations made to the first instance of the pattern do not always propagate through all the other instances.  I have figured out a work around where I activate the pos-rep I want and then expand the pattern in the tree and manually override each instance.  However, when you have 96 instances in the pattern, it takes forever to click each on individually.  Which brings me to my next gripe; why can't I ctrl-click on multiple instances and collectively override them all?  As soon as I select more than one sub-assembly, the option to change pos-rep becomes greyed out.  

Any ideas as to how I can fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John,

I believe that is the way it works unfortunately. I don't think Component Pattern is aware of the PosRep. Each occurrence may need to be overridden PosRep individually. It is possible there is a bug in this case. Please share the example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5

Having the excact same problem here. Indeed, it's needed to change the positional representation for each and every instance of a pattern. Working on a parametric assembly here... This kind of destroys the whole purpose of having an automated assembly. Any solutions or workarounds?

Message 4 of 5

Hi! Besides manually activate the PosRep, you can use iLogic rule to automate the process.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
SER4
in reply to: Anonymous

Please vote for this:
Pattern to include Positional Representation - Autodesk Community

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2025 (30.0.91.0); Inventor Pro 2025.0.1 (162).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report