Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing from library says file has unresolved assemblies, but it doesn't. Help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
benjamin.p.hansen
166 Views, 4 Replies

Placing from library says file has unresolved assemblies, but it doesn't. Help?

Hi folks.  I am trying to place an assembly from a Library project into the assembly I am currently working.  When I try to do this it gives me an error message saying it cannot place the assembly because it has unresolved assemblies in it.  

However, when I switch to the Library project to fix the assembly I need to place, there are no issues.  It loads up just fine and has no unresolved parts.  I feel like there is an issue with the way my projects are set up but whatever the fix is is beyond me.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@benjamin.p.hansen 

Can you show screenshots of your normal project file and the project file that allows you to edit your files in the Inventor library location.  Make sure to expand each lower section up to and including the folder option.   Materials and appearance configuration is not needed for inspection..  Smiley LOL

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Mark, attached are screenshots of the projects.  The main project is called EBT Beams and the Library project is called DC TRAILERS.

The main project with library highlighted.The main project with library highlighted.The library projectThe library project

Message 4 of 5

I might have discovered the cause of the problems.  The library assembly I am trying to place is in a project that is located within another project.  I'm guessing this is not standard practice.  

It's kind of like this:

Main Project
  -> Library 1

-> Library 2

So now when I open the assembly (which is inside Library 2) from Library 1 it works, but opening the assembly in the Main Project shows unresolved parts.

Message 5 of 5

@benjamin.p.hansen 

Without knowing your structure on the "F" drive but looking at your project settings..   It looks very confusing in how you are maintaining your models and file structure.    There is probably a better way of managing this but it would require an in-depth look.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report