Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List Incorrectly Grouping Frame Members of Different Lengths

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jsawyerGXZWH
248 Views, 3 Replies

Parts List Incorrectly Grouping Frame Members of Different Lengths

Hello,

I've created an assembly using frame generator. In my drawing, I have the BOM set up such that all members of the same type and length appear in a single row under a single item number (see photo). It works fine, except for the members listed as item 8. These are 4 members of the same type, but 3 different lengths (see "varies" under cutlength). It should be displaying them as items 8, 9, & 10 in three separate rows. I can't figure out for the life of me why it is doing this for only this member type.

I'm not actually using the "group" function in the BOM, but inventor groups the identical parts together automatically. Using inventor 2018.

BOM.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

If you go to the BOM in your assembly, and in the bar across the top of the BOM dialogue, there is an option called "Part Number Row Merge Settings". In the dialogue box that pops up, if there are two boxes that are selected, untick both.

The parts list should automatically update...

Does this fix the issue?

Message 3 of 4

I've only got one box. When I uncheck it, those items did separate out properly. But, the ones that were already sorted correctly are no longer grouped together how I need them to be. They're all listed as individual pieces, instead of being grouped by type and length.

pn row merge.PNG

Message 4 of 4

Figured it out, that did actually help me out. I realized it must be grouping the problematic angle members together because they had some identical iproperty. Sure enough, all the angle members had the "part number" iproperty field filled out identically, with our stock number for that material. The square members (which were grouping properly) had a length suffix added to the end of the number, so similar members of different lengths would group together. 

The solution was just to delete the identical iproperty field, or rather, to make sure that iproperties matched up between members that needed to be grouped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report