Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list balloon

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tmccar
492 Views, 8 Replies

Parts list balloon

I am working in Inventor 2018, which does not have any "Parts list balloon". Would it be possible to create one from scratch?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: tmccar

@tmccar  huh? What do you mean it does not have any "Parts List Balloon"? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: mcgyvr

I want to do a Bill of Materials and tag each part with a "balloon" style tag and leader line.

Message 4 of 9
mcgyvr

@tmccar wrote:

I want to do a Bill of Materials and tag each part with a "balloon" style tag and leader line.

And what happens when you press the "Balloon" button on the Annotate tab of the ribbon and then select a part in the view?

mcgyvr_0-1650562910490.png

Have you looked in your style library to see if you have any balloon styles defined already?

Do you have a "balloon.xml" file in the "Style Library" folder that your project file is using?

mcgyvr_0-1650563045048.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

@tmccar wrote:

And what happens when you press the "Balloon" button on the Annotate tab of the ribbon and then select a part in the view?

mcgyvr_0-1650562910490.png

Have you looked in your style library to see if you have any balloon styles defined already?

Do you have a "balloon.xml" file in the "Style Library" folder that your project file is using?

mcgyvr_0-1650563045048.png

I do have a "balloon.xml" file, but I don't see that option on the ribbon..

Message 6 of 9

gwatsonRFGKJ_1-1650566966081.png

gwatsonRFGKJ_0-1650566832048.png

Message 7 of 9
jtylerbc

@tmccar wrote:

I am working in Inventor 2018

No you aren't.  Your screenshot shows that you are working in Inventor LT 2018, which does not have all of the functions of the full version of Inventor.  Most of those limitations are related to assemblies.  I've never used LT myself, so I may be wrong about this, but the assembly-related functions in the drawing environment (including the parts list and balloons) are probably some of the features not included in LT.

Message 8 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: jtylerbc

@jtylerbc wrote:

@tmccar wrote:

I am working in Inventor 2018

No you aren't.  Your screenshot shows that you are working in Inventor LT 2018, which does not have all of the functions of the full version of Inventor.  Most of those limitations are related to assemblies.  I've never used LT myself, so I may be wrong about this, but the assembly-related functions in the drawing environment (including the parts list and balloons) are probably some of the features not included in LT.

Yes, I think you're right

Message 9 of 9
pcrawley

@jtylerbc is correct - Inventor LT doesn't know what an assembly is, so you won't have assembly annotation functions like balloons.  It's a shame balloons don't work on multi-solid bodies because Inventor LT is a great tool for making pseudo-assemblies in a single part.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report