Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts disappearing on drawing of a large assembly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
FrankHermens4Y53K
789 Views, 8 Replies

Parts disappearing on drawing of a large assembly

Good day,

I have a large assembly and if i make a drawing of this assembly some parts are not showing in the drawing. Its in a section view. 

If i right klick the part in de drawing the visibility and transparent buttons are grayed out.

If i make a detailed view the parts are showing. (in the detailed view the buttons are also grayed out)

(i know that there are more posts on this but i cant find the answer, it is also not posible to fix it with hidden lines because there are way to manny parts)

component_disappears.png

Kind regards,

Frank

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
imajar
in reply to: FrankHermens4Y53K

Is this button checked in the drawing view properties?  If yes, then the view is linked to the assembly view and you cannot manually change visibility of parts.  You can either 1) show the parts in the view of the assembly or 2) uncheck the box and then you can manually change visibility in the tree.

Capture.JPG

Is that it?

Aaron Jarrett, PE
Inventor 2019 | i7-6700K 64GB NVidia M4000
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 3 of 9

Hi! Frank,

I have seen this behavior before. I believe it is unresolved bug. If I recalled correctly, it has something to do with the optimization of removing components based on the view and model size to enhance performance. Try one thing to prove my theory. Open the Sheet Metal part, and create a bigger surface or a block in the back. Then go to the assembly and Manage -> Rebuild All. Go to the drawing. Does the sheet metal part appear?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 9

Hi Johnson,

After i created a block after the sheet matal part it dit appear in the drawing, so it seems your theory is correct.

So i guess this means that there is no easy solution to my problem, am i correct?

Is there an solution in Inventor 2021, since we are upgrading soon (from Inventor 2019)?

Frank

Message 5 of 9

Hi Frank,

Without seeing your files, it is hard to tell if it has been resolved on 2021. You can download 2021 to try. In the meantime, if you hide the big body, does the sheet metal part stays in the drawing view?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 9
paulsSKN2Y
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I noticed if you change the view orientation and the scale  back and forth, it can make the part visible again.  Really finicky.

Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: paulsSKN2Y

Hi Paul,

The behavior does not sound right. It is probably due to relatively thin thickness of the part compared to the overall assembly. To confirm my suspicion, try making the invisible part thicker. Does it appear in the drawing view persistently then?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9
paulsSKN2Y
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I made it thicker and didn't make any difference. The surrounding materials are approximately the same size. When I changed the scale back and forth, I was able to get the part to appear.
Message 9 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: paulsSKN2Y

Hi Paul,

Then my speculation was wrong. Another possibility is that some geometry might be bad. Open the assembly and press Ctrl+F7 (make sure C:\Temp is available). Use Repair Bodies workflow to fix up the badness.

If possible, please share the files in zip with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report