Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordinate arc dimension annotations - how to?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KhDRNM3
281 Views, 4 Replies

Ordinate arc dimension annotations - how to?

I'm looking for a way to make an ordinate arc dimension a long the red line in attached picture - so I can tell where each bracket starts and stops a long the beam. How do I do that?

Thanks  in advance:-)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kacper.suchomski
in reply to: KhDRNM3

Hi

What exact dimensions do you want? Because in the description you mention coordinate dimensions, and in the graphics you marked the length of the arc?

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
KhDRNM3
in reply to: kacper.suchomski

I wan't both the length and the placement of each bracket along the red line  (actually along the body of the beam (blue line) moved out for visuallity).

I want 0 to be in the bottom of the picture, and an annotation at each small "arrow" so that i get an annotation on each side of the bracket.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Kent

Message 4 of 5
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: KhDRNM3
Message 5 of 5
KhDRNM3
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Thanks Gabriel,

Too bad this isn't in inventor yet.

Though - it isn't angular dimension I need - but the "normal" ordinate dimension along the curve.

I haven't read your link concerning the vote all the way through - are there another post that I can vote for, which have the dimensioning I need - or is it in the same post?

Cheers,

Kent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report