Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Utility

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
uncesses
524 Views, 6 Replies

Nesting Utility

hello everyone!

help me please.

After click "Create nest" -> Error     "There are no parts ready to create nest".

what am i doing wrong?

1к.JPG2.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: uncesses

Hello @uncesses,

Make sure the part is a sheetmetal part and flat pattern was created already.

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 7
bobvdd
in reply to: uncesses

Additional suggestions  in case you are NOT using sheet metal parts:

- verify what providers you have set in the nesting template you are using via Manage > Providers (the command sits in the extended panel). For the IPT Source type, make sure that the Inventor Part and Generic CAD providers are checked

- verify that the BOM structure of the components you are interested in for nesting are NOT marked in the iProperties as being Purchased. Nesting utility ignores purchased parts and I see you have a ton of "boulons" in your assembly and my French teacher tells me that these very likely are purchased bolts. 
Cheers
Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 4 of 7
Davey_van_den_Berg
in reply to: bobvdd

Hi I've got the same problem, I would like to get all the unsuppressed sheet metal parts in my assembly.

but if i create a nest it will give me that error. i've also tried to create a nesting from the .inest file, but then it will give me all the sheet metal parts (also the suppressed items). 

I already know how to filter the sheet metal parts by using the providers dialog. but not the spressed items filter.

Could you help me? @bobvdd

Thanks,

Davey

Message 5 of 7
bobvdd
in reply to: Davey_van_den_Berg

Hi Davey,

Just to be sure, did you also verify that your sheet metal files have flat patterns in them? I assume you did that.

Then remains the fact that the suppression state of an Inventor component does NOT affect the BOM.
However Nesting Utility is using the BOM to decide which components to extract for nesting.
So that explains why it is not that easy to eliminate suppressed components from nesting.
You can of course delete the suppressed parts once they show up in the Sources dialog (there is a Delete context menu on the rows in the Sources dialog)

But if you want to eliminate the suppressed parts for nesting off the bat before they infiltrate in the Sources dialog (for performance reasons obviously), the only hack I can think of is to temporarily override the BOM QTY = 0 for the suppressed parts. BTW: an overidden QTY in the BOM shows up in blue.
This of course affects your BOM, hence why I said it can only be considered a temporary hack.

Cheers
Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 6 of 7
Davey_van_den_Berg
in reply to: bobvdd

Hi Bob,

Because I now know nesting utility uses BOM i've found the sollution to my problem.

I deteted the suppresed parts using 2 codes. The first one to delete component paterns and the second one to delete suppresed components and assemblies.

if others need the same info, I've got the links here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/ilogic-delete-a-suppressed-component-pattern/t...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/how-to-delete-suppressed-components-by-ilogic-rule/td-...

Thank you @bobvdd 

Message 7 of 7
bobvdd
in reply to: Davey_van_den_Berg

Glad you sorted it out with the help of some iLogic, Davey!

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report