Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

my 3d object is invisibe on .idw layout please help

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
j.lumidao
412 Views, 14 Replies

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Rob67ert
in reply to: j.lumidao

We don't see it either.
Could you post your idw and part or assembly?
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 3 of 15
kennyj

Hello @j.lumidao!

There could be several reasons for this.

Is it a solid model that you created or did you import it from another source? (3D Mesh objects come in different than 3D Solids, for example).

Can you see the object in the browser of the .idw?  Click on the view where the object has been placed (base view), right click and choose "Show All Edges" (Or similar).  See if this brings in your object.

Is the object set to be a reference object?  Click on the view, select "Edit view" and then on the middle tab (I'm waiting for my Inventor to load, sorry for not remembering the tab name) and set your Reference objects to be visible and increase your margin number by 10x.

Are you sure it is a 3D object?  Rotate the model around to make sure it isn't a 2D image drawn in perspective; which mean you would need to select "Get Model Sketches" and ensure your view is facing the correct direction on the idw to see the 2D lines.

These are just a few ideas without seeing a screen shot or the actual files.  Hope it helps,

Kenny

Message 4 of 15
mdavis22569
in reply to: Rob67ert

^^^^^ what he said ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
mcgyvr
in reply to: kennyj

Yep.. probably surfaces or other "non-true solid" bodies..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 15
j.lumidao
in reply to: kennyj

ASSY DRAWING 3D.jpgASSY DRAWING LAYOUT.jpg

Message 7 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@j.lumidao

So are we supposed to compare every little detail between the model image and drawing to see which 3D object is missing or not showing.  I did a quick scan and I don't see any difference.   Please help us out and show the difference.  Use some arrows or something..

I know this model is probably not easy to share but you need to provide more information than 2 images..  Smiley Wink

Update:  Are you referring to this (or something else)

2-21-2017 10-26-23 PM.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 15
blair

Possibly you have a wireframe item,

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Message 9 of 15
j.lumidao
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

ASSY DRAWING 3D.jpgThe missing from the layout is the sensor the yellow object.

Message 10 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@j.lumidao

An image is still not really helpful..  Yes I see that the sensor is not appearing on the drawing.  But there's no way for us to tell you the problem by seeing this part in an image on an assembly.  Open the actual part and show us an image of its browser..  Or attach the part here..

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 15
j.lumidao
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

The sensor I downloaded is .iges type I try to download other type I choose .step then it appear i think inventor don't accept .iges type. Please check it 

Message 12 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@j.lumidao

There's nothing to check..  Did you mean to attach the file?

Update:  And yes Inventor works with IGES files.  But it has to do if the IGES file is a true solid or just surfaces.  At this point I'm assuming its not "water tight" and the information you have is just surfaces.  If you go to your drawing view in the browser, right mouse click on the assembly that makes up that view and select include all surfaces, does the sensor show up?

Mark Lancaster

Message 13 of 15
johnsonshiue

Hi! Maybe the sensors are reference parts. Open the assembly and go to BOM table -> find the sensor parts. What is the BOM structure property? Is it Normal or Reference or Phantom? If they are not set to Normal, they may not be shown as regular parts in the drawing.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 14 of 15

@j.lumidao

Since you marked @johnsonshiue reply and mine as a solution..  Just wondering what the issue was with your part/sensor?

Mark Lancaster

Message 15 of 15
kennyj

@j.lumidao,

I would remind you to look at the second posted answer to your question, then look at the accepted solutions.  Both solutions were provided to you from the start.

Kenny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report