Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Inventor 2017.4 Update installation failures

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
400 Views, 6 Replies

More Inventor 2017.4 Update installation failures

First of all I know this posting is already out there but this has nothing to do with Dell Data so I decided to log a new one.

The other day (as you can see if that other posting)..  Had a 2017.4 installation failure that was related to the Tutorial Plug-in and I had to use Microsoft Fixit to remove that plug in to allow the Inventor 2017.4 installation to complete

Today two (2) more machines failed the update and this time it was related to Autodesk Desktop Connect Service application.  So that application was uninstalled and the installation still fails.   Currently we are going to check again using Microsoft Fixit to ensure it has been fully removed and reboot the machine just in case "stuff" was left over in memory.    What a pain..  Smiley Sad

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

No luck..  Keeps failing in the same spot and this Design Connect Service application is not even installed.

@DannyHubbard or @johnsonshiue   Any thoughts?

I can send you the logs if you want..

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7

Hi Mark,

Please send me the log files.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7

@johnsonshiue

Last week I sent you an email with logs.  Did you get it?

Mark Lancaster

Message 5 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@johnsonshiue

It seems like this has been an ongoing problem... I just tried it today for the first time and got errors on multiple attempts.  Turned off Webroot and had no luck.  I'm not about to go messing with uninstalling add ins or getting IT involved or spending days debugging.  If I can't just download and install an update without it taking half a day or more, then I probably don't want it.

Anyway, has anyone figured out why this is such a problem?  Yes, I can send you log files.

My point is that a lot of users when they run into this sort of thing will just get mad and give up.

Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

After playing with this on and off all day, Stopping and restarting the Windows Installer service SEEMS to have fixed the issue... so far.  I'm still watching the little blue progress strip so no promises yet.

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

Based on the discussions from the two following threads, the install failures seem to be caused by external factors that Inventor does not have control over.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-2017-sp1-installation-failure/td-p/6457588/pa...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-2017-4-update-installation-failed/m-p/7014697...

Are you using Cylance PROTECT?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report