Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misalignment - Break command

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
drawingsCHR7R
617 Views, 6 Replies

Misalignment - Break command

drawingsCHR7R_1-1595499790326.png

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to find out if there is a way for me to rectify the break command to be in line or how would I go about using the break command on an angular arm but still allow it to be in line. 

Attached you can see the result of it when I use it on an angled arm.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
IgorMir
in reply to: drawingsCHR7R

I don't think what you ask for will be treated correctly by the overall dimension. In the representation as you have shown - the total height of the item will still be shown correctly. But if the branch is shortened along its axis - how the overall height will be read?

Cheers,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 7
drawingsCHR7R
in reply to: IgorMir

Ahhh, I understand what you're saying. Nonetheless is there no way around this? As that does not look neat at all.

Message 4 of 7
-niels-

There is this idea over on the ideaboard that's exactly about what you're describing:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/add-quot-aligned-orientation-quot-option-to-break-view...

Sadly, it's still a "future consideration" so it can take a while before this shows up in Inventor.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 7
IgorMir

Apparently not. Yes, such a view looks a bit odd. But it is not a show stopper, really.

Cheers,

Igor.

@drawingsCHR7R wrote:

Ahhh, I understand what you're saying. Nonetheless is there no way around this? As that does not look neat at all.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 6 of 7
drawingsCHR7R
in reply to: -niels-

Thanks for sharing this, it is truly unfortunate that even 7-8 years later after it was brought up it has still not been addressed. I have voted for it and I am hoping they give it more attention soon. 

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 7
drawingsCHR7R
in reply to: IgorMir

Not a show stopper I agree, but can definitely create some confusion with factory workers. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report