Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini-toolbar off makes some commands behave different than before

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sergio.missori
307 Views, 3 Replies

Mini-toolbar off makes some commands behave different than before

My company upgraded from Inventor 2016 to 2018. In 2018 the command mini-toolbars ar set off by default. We appreciated it for the interface is more clean.

We noticed instead that the fillet command with mini-toolbar off does not accept the value of the radius unless you click in the radius field, while the chamfer after selection of one edge hase the dimension field highlighted and if yu type a number you can input the value without doing any click.

This inconsistency of behavior can be observed in many commands: some do not accept numbers typed even if there is a mini-toolbar (like draft angle), some other do accept type and some other only with mini toolbar.

I think that in any command where a default value is provided and a user input is needed to adjust it, then it should be possible to type the value directly without any click.chamfer without mini-toolbarchamfer without mini-toolbarchamfer with mini-toolbarchamfer with mini-toolbarfillet with mini-toolbarfillet with mini-toolbarfillet without mini-toolbarfillet without mini-toolbar

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Is this an Idea or an issue? 

Wondering if you might get a better response here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/bd-p/78

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Hi! This is indeed an inconsistent behavior. The issue here is about the synchronization between the dialog, the mini toolbar, and the manipulator. To make them all in sync is quite challenging, particularly when mini toolbar is off. Unfortunately, the best solution right now is either enabling mini toolbar or disabling it and mouse-clicking the input field.

This is not the only place exhibiting inconsistent behaviors. Inventor team is working on new UI and making workflows more streamlined. If you are interested, you may want to sign up Inventor Beta program (https://bit.ly/InventorBeta). You can try the latest Beta build on no-install required environment.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

@mdavis22569It is an idea but you are right I didn't specify it very well. The suggestion is to make Inventor command interface behave in a more consistent way either with mini-toolbar on or off.  Thank you.

@johnsonshiueThank you for the information. Having work in CAD software testing I know it is hard to accomplish all the need but I know as well the importance to report user feelings to developers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report