Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass from parameter.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
petter.moldestad
2886 Views, 3 Replies

Mass from parameter.

I would like to add tree parameters to this part. One is a wire diameter. Another should be the length of the wire. The last should calculate the weight of the wire. Then I wish to set the mass of this wire part equal to this last parameter. Is it possible somehow?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: petter.moldestad

What's wrong with Inventor's calculated mass?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: mrattray

If the wire was modeled in the IPT,then the mass should be correct. If you are omitting the wire to simplify the model, then just over-ride the mass of the IPT within it's iProperties that is already calculated for the part without the wire to inlcude the wire. The CG may be incorrect because of this.

If the CG is important, then you may wish to model this as a IAM with the wire modeled with the correct material and length.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
petter.moldestad
in reply to: blair

I want to indicate the wire like attached photo. This model wouldn’t give the right weight. But I managed it now. I had to use illogic like this:

iProperties.Mass = Parameter("wireWeight")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report