Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark assemblies with colour

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MarkusGreifeneder3360
274 Views, 3 Replies

Mark assemblies with colour

Hi,

we try to help the engineer to mark assemblies with colour.

We colour these assemblies in "View: Default" with special colours (appearance)

(The "View: Master" is locked.)

In the total assembly of the complete machine, these assemblies are highlighted, and the engineer can react (e.g. replace obsolete assemblies)

Our problem is, that not all assemblies in the total assembly are inserted in "View: Default".

A lot assemblies are inserted in "View: Master" , then this assemblies are not highlighted.

Don't know why a lot assemblies are inserted in "View: Master", maybe created in old Versions .....

How can we solve this issue?

Other ideas to solve this problem/task?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I don't know about the 'view master' & 'view default' problem, I have troubles with that myself. You can colour sub-assemblies by selecting then, right click, properties, occurrence, then change the colour in the appearance drop-down.

Message 3 of 4

Hi Markus,

I think this controlled by File Open Options. Go to Tools -> App Options -> File -> Open Options -> set Design View Rep to "Last Active" in Assembly and Part.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

we have already activated this setting => has no effect for our problem

Our problem is that some sub-assemblies are on view "default" and some are on  "Master".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report