Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make parameter variable for Frame Generator

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
739 Views, 2 Replies

Make parameter variable for Frame Generator

Hi there, I have figured out how to import my custom frame profile into the content center library and thereby appear on the Frame Generator, as below:

p1.png

Under ANSI I created a profile under Family 25-2525 with two different sizes : '0.418452' and '5' .

However, regardless of which size I choose, the actual appearance and dimensions of the aluminium ibeams does NOT change. I would like 

p2.png

The size pertains to the dimension below 'd9' , which is essentially the 'radius' of the piece. 

p3.png

So, changing the value of d9 should change the radius, thereby the size, of the entire ibeam. 

It seems to not be working though, and even under iPart Author, I entered 5 in for d9 under 25-2525-02 but it still indicates a fixed value for d9 on the top left highlighted part

p4.png

Could it be a problem with my parameter settings? Should the d9 be consumed by anything?  Am I adding a variable dimension/parameter the wrong way (by going onto the part body and adding a dimension onto the sketch?)

p5.png

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Did you actually sketch and extrude your extrusion or import this shape from somewhere?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I imported the shape from elsewhere

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report