Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost content center and a purchased add on

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rkontra
252 Views, 10 Replies

Lost content center and a purchased add on

Can someone please tell me how to find my content center and add on? We went from 2018 to 2019 and nothing migrated. I copied my content center to 2019 and nothing happened. So where did it go? Is my old stuff now in a new location? All my content center is on my computer as we don't have a server and vault set up yet. I pray I didn't loose over 10,000 files.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rkontra

@rkontra

Are you talking about content center libraries or the actual content center components that you placed into your assemblies?

What add-on are you talking about?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 11
rkontra
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

The content center that I'm talking about is the components I created. I've made sure the path and project files all match so that isn't the problem they just went POOF!

My add in was KWiKSert_64 that seemed to also go POOF!

Message 4 of 11
rkontra

P.S. I'm having a meltdown over this lol

Message 5 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

In tools/add-ins I would confirm that the add-in is not being blocked or perhaps it didn't load.  Or maybe it needs an update to support Inventor 2019.  Use the Autodesk App Manager on the Tools tab and see what it states.

So what does your  active inventor project file indicate under folder options for content center?  is that location where you have all of your existing content center items?  Or does it state [DEFAULT]?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 11
rkontra

okay I went to app manager and did my update but it said download trial which i did and it didn't show up.

THen as for the project we've always ran default but I reset mine to default that shows my libraries.

Message 7 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

Content Center Libraries?

Your project file, folder options for content center should not be pointing to your content center libraries.  You need to have another location where you actual CC parts are.

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 11
rkontra

Well I did have all these yellow !!! marks I guess they didn't migrate so we migrated those and the yellow !! marks are gone but still no files. I'm now not sure that my personal content files (that I made) go in the same place as the stuff from autodesk? Gosh I wish I could explain this better. Sorry

Message 9 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@rkontra

That tells me you are not pointing to the actual place where your placed content center are being stored.  Do you still have your legacy version of Inventor?

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 11
Frederick_Law

Content Center files should be in your Document\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2018.

Copy everything in there to R2019 should bring everything back.

KWiKSert might have problem with 2019.  You can try reinstall.

Message 11 of 11
rkontra
in reply to: Frederick_Law

Thanks we tried a copy and that didn't work so we redirected back to 2018. Not sure why nothing followed with a migration but it is what it is thanks for your help. 

As for my Kwiksert I reinstall it's somewhere also in my computer. I have an email to the guy and it does say for 2019 so who knows I love that little program for my million rivets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report