Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lipped surface is not showing bends

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
muhamedcad
140 Views, 1 Reply

lipped surface is not showing bends

hi everyone..Haseeb here 

recently i created an sheet metal file of a lipped sink table top..lipping is given to a sink  for better drainage of water from the top..i gave this lipping using lofted flange(15 mm down from the top)..the problem is that this lipped surface is not showing any bend lines and i don't know if this is due to the lofted flange..someone please help me with this problem..i'm attaching a compressed file of this lipped sink top

many thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: muhamedcad

@muhamedcad wrote:

..the problem is that this lipped surface is not showing any bend lines a

If you turn the part over and look at the bottom 4 corners of the Loft, the geometry is clearly not created correctly.

Issue with Bend.PNG

The first thing to determine is, "How is this feature formed in the real world part?"

It appears to be a die formed stretch to me.

Inventor does not permit this type of feature combined as you have in sheet metal.

There is a partial solution in Inventor 2020 with Unwrap, but I do not think that tool is intended to give full fidelity flat pattern information with bend allowance calculation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report