Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked FEA references

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pgescheit
532 Views, 7 Replies

Linked FEA references

Hi

I have deleted the FEA I have done on one of my part files. As a result Inventor asks to solve the missing references every time I open any of the assemblies that the part is associated with.

I have followed previous solutions by deleting the FEA analysis within the part file by right clicking and deleting.

I have also gone to the "links" section and "broken" the references.

After doing all this I am still getting these messages.

please help

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: pgescheit

Can you Attach the file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! It is possible the link is corrupted. I just want to double-check that the steps in the following thread have been performed.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/fea-files-missing-can-t-check-into-vault/td-p/7378152

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 8
pgescheit
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes these steps have been done.

Currently I am not using volt, just a local network. The part file that I did the original simulation in actually opens up fine after I did the break links. However all the assemblies it has references to keep looking for these missing links.

I have even deleted the original part file from the assembly and saved the assembly and when reopening the assembly it is still trying to look for these fea links.

I don't quite understand why the assemblies would have anything to do with the part files simulations anyway. Is there any other way of looking for missing links in the assembly other than the "links" section because it is greyed out for me?

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

Can you Attach file(s) here?

This is a yes/no question.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
RajSchmidt

That’s an easy one: Simply ignore the FEA files. All relevant information (loads, meshing, results, etc.) is stored in the model file itself. The FEA files are temporary files for meshing and calculation. They will be created anew whenever you save your model.

In the Stress Analysis Settings - Solver tab you can find a setting Create OLE link to Result Files. Switch that one off. After that the FEA files will still be created, but they are not linked to your model anymore.

Unfortunately the setting is file-specific. And the default for this setting is “on”. I already put in an idea to change this - three years ago…

Message 7 of 8
pgescheit

Thanks for your help guys. Even changing the simulation settings in the part file wasn't enough for the broken link. So I resolved myself to creating another simple simulation and then resolving all the links to the new simulation. Once all the links were resolved I could then delete the simulation and its files without any issue. But unless you resolve all the links first Inventor will drive you up a wall. 

Message 8 of 8
BDCollett

@pgescheit wrote:

Thanks for your help guys. Even changing the simulation settings in the part file wasn't enough for the broken link. So I resolved myself to creating another simple simulation and then resolving all the links to the new simulation. Once all the links were resolved I could then delete the simulation and its files without any issue. But unless you resolve all the links first Inventor will drive you up a wall. 

There is some iLogic you can run on files to remove those "ghost" OLE links.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report