Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Text and Balloon Text Question

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
SteveFrey
1540 Views, 10 Replies

Leader Text and Balloon Text Question

How can I adjust the offset of the Leader (or Balloon) so it is closer to the text itself?  See attached?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

You can control that using the text position and offset value of the leader in the styles editor. 

Untitled.png

Hope it helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 11

I tried this and it doesn't work.  I set it to .001" and the leader line is still spaced the same distance from the text.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 4 of 11

Did you try changing the attached text position option as well. What version of Inventor and the service pack level you are.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I tried both settings but nothing has changed.  I'm using IV 2012  SP1.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 7 of 11

Hi,

Can you please provide me your idw file and also a screenshot of how you want to place it. I will correct it and keep you posted.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 8 of 11

I know this is a really old thread, but I'm also having this issue and looking for the answer. Was this ever resolved?

Message 9 of 11
MartinBernat
in reply to: jcstevens

Hi,

removing offset for leadered annotations is not possible. 

You can post the idea to Inventor IdeaStation, maybe there are more users who will find this feature useful.

Thanks for posting,

Martin Bernat

Message 10 of 11
MartinBernat
in reply to: MartinBernat

Now I took a closer look at the original question and not sure if this was meant for the LeaderText or Balloon. There is a difference between those two.

For Balloons (with no shape around) this can be achieved in Balloon style > Symbol size - uncheck the Scale to Text Height and set the Size to 0.001. The leader should then be much closer to the text.

Message 11 of 11
jcstevens
in reply to: MartinBernat

Martin,

When the balloon style is set to not have any Shape around the text, the options for Scale to Text Height and Size are greyed out.

However, I believe that if you change those settings when they are enabled (while having selected an option with a Shape around the text) and then change back to having no Shape I do think this offset is effected.

I think it would be a good improvement to allow the Size to be modified while "none" is selected for balloon Style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report