Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Mapping to AutoCAD

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
375 Views, 5 Replies

Layer Mapping to AutoCAD

In R9 have we lost all ability to map idw layers to AutoCAD or AM layers while exporting? There doesn't seem to be a choice anymore, like checking the box "use AM layers" etc.
My downstream data requirements are for DWG, not IDW, so now I am back to manually adapting the IDW layers to my AutoCAD standard. Am I missing something that would give me more layer mapping choice when exporting to DWG?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you read the white paper " Exporting AutoCAD Mechanical Layers in Autodesk Inventor 9"? It should point you in the right direction. "Phil E" wrote in message news:14330962.1090853319174.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > In R9 have we lost all ability to map idw layers to AutoCAD or AM layers while exporting? There doesn't seem to be a choice anymore, like checking the box "use AM layers" etc. > My downstream data requirements are for DWG, not IDW, so now I am back to manually adapting the IDW layers to my AutoCAD standard. Am I missing something that would give me more layer mapping choice when exporting to DWG?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

a) You can rename layers prior to you export IDW, or b) Use Post Process > Customize DWG/DXF options in the save as command. The default sample XML (...\Compatibility\Support\FlatPattern.xml) demonstrates the format. -Sami Kozono Autodesk (Worldwide Localization)
Message 4 of 6
elise_moss

Can you provide a link to that white paper?

I couldn't find it doing a search.

Thanks,

Elise Moss
www.mossdesigns.com
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Just go to the Getting Started menu, there's a link there on the top right: "Styles and Standards White Papers" "elise_moss" wrote in message news:11935142.1093281240281.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Can you provide a link to that white paper? > > I couldn't find it doing a search. > > Thanks, > > Elise Moss > www.mossdesigns.com
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

sorry...Top Left "Andrew Faix (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:412a282a$1_3@newsprd01... > Just go to the Getting Started menu, there's a link there on the top right: > "Styles and Standards White Papers" > > "elise_moss" wrote in message > news:11935142.1093281240281.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Can you provide a link to that white paper? > > > > I couldn't find it doing a search. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Elise Moss > > www.mossdesigns.com > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report