Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the RTX 2070 supported

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
harish.s.sri
14358 Views, 10 Replies

is the RTX 2070 supported

I was wondering if the rtx 2070 is supported in autodesk inventor. The reason why I ask this question is because I am building a computer. My dad is planing to buy a 3d printer so I can invest my time in it. The reason why I chose the rtx 2070 is to game and do autodesk since it has ray tracing.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

@harish.s.sri

Autodesk doesn't really test gaming cards or there's supporting data to say this given card will work well with Inventor.  There's always been a discussion about using gaming cards in CAD workstation and for Inventor.   In the end not saying its not going to work but most likely you will not have any problems with in Inventor based on the specs I see for the card.

Message 3 of 11
-niels-
in reply to: harish.s.sri

Message 4 of 11
SBix26

The RTX 2070 will do an excellent job with Inventor.  As you will find at the link that Niels posted, VRAM is the most important feature of a video card, and the RTX 2070 has 8 GB of DDR6 (according to one review that I read).  That's likely far more than you will need for learning Inventor and creating models to print.  My home computer is using a very old Radeon card with 1/2 GB of VRAM, and I'm not having any difficulty with Inventor (but I'm also not working with large complex models).

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.2 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 11
mcgyvr

I'm using it on my new PC..

Works just fine so far..

Here is my Inventor benchmark score without "tweaking" anything..

2070.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 11
dgorsman

The performance gains of that GPU will be from the larger core count and faster clock speed.  Almost nothing, including Inventor, is set up or optimized to make use of the new RTX real-time ray tracing features of the GTX 20x0 series.  So while it is "future proof" the advanced features which differentiate from the previous generation won't be a factor for another release or two (or three).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 11
Neil_Cross
in reply to: dgorsman

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that the AU class is being used to definitively answer these valid questions.  It might help if I try and provide time stamps for the video to save people having to skip through 90 minutes worth of lots of info, so you can jump right to the right bits.

As per all the above, you'll see no performance gains from having the Turing generation but it's a good idea to buy the latest generation for other things you might end up needing the PC for.  It's highly unlikely, arguably almost guaranteed that the Inventor team will never implement real time ray tracing into Inventor but going for the latest generation might be beneficial for other stuff.

Message 8 of 11
leowarren34
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Time stamps would always be appreciated but as you said the only benefit to newer and more expensive cards is the amount of vram to some extend as textures can be quite demanding but AU class is the best I've seen.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 9 of 11
blair
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Now if we could just them to cut out of Inventor the Studio code and replace it with ShowCase code....

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 11
DarrenP

@harish.s.sri wrote:

I was wondering if the rtx 2070 is supported in autodesk inventor. The reason why I ask this question is because I am building a computer. My dad is planing to buy a 3d printer so I can invest my time in it. The reason why I chose the rtx 2070 is to game and do autodesk since it has ray tracing.

Autodesk products do have ray tracing but its cpu based not gpu

the only autodesk product that i know of that will take advantage of the new ray tracing engine is Arnold which is not available for inventor its only available for Maya & 3ds Max

even with games there is limited support of the new ray tracing engine that will take advantage of these new cards

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
leowarren34
in reply to: DarrenP

More optimisation needed....

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report