Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to utilize gravity in Inventor pro?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amur986
276 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible to utilize gravity in Inventor pro?

Hi, I'm planning on making a roller coaster in Cad, where ideally, it would utilise gravity to push the cart down the tracks(With a simple sliding mechanism to release the cart at the top of the roller coaster). I've been trying to research ideas on how to do this from Google and youtube, but I just can't find a way. Is this idea even doable in Inventor? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chris
in reply to: amur986

@amur986 as far as I know, you can apply "gravity" within the FEA environment, but I do not believe IV2023 has anything built in that acts like cloth material does in Cinea 4D, MODO, Blender, etc. it's just not that type of modeler... yet...?

Message 3 of 4
amur986
in reply to: chris

I'm a bit confused about what you exactly mean. I've attached an image that is similar in concept to what I'm trying to do. Is this possible to replicate just using Inventor Pro?

amur986_0-1685800675083.png

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: amur986

@amur986 
Yes, Environments>Dynamic Simulation.

(306) DSG 421 - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjoVGhU5hqA&list=PLp5izJt_zvN08mpY4UcYrzJV2N6QOLAIR&index=11

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report