Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart children check in issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
268 Views, 6 Replies

iPart children check in issue

I am having an issue with an older ipart (part was created in 2003), where the part is giving me an error when I try to check it into vault through inventor. This is the error I get:

vault check in error.PNG

These are the 4 member files within the ipart and are checked out to me. The ipart is saved weird and I am wondering if that might be what is causing the issue, there is no factory folder that contains the members, the members are just saved in the same location as the factory file. Please let me know if anyone has any insights on how I might fix this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Most likely the issue is, those iPart members or children are located in a different folder location than where they are located in Vault.   Meaning your Vault has the option Enforce unique part names enabled.   Find the location in Vault and make sure the location is the same on your machine.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Another option you may consider is to generate the member files brand new. These 2003 iPart files are too old and they could lead unpredictable behaviors in some cases.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I checked on my computer and the files are in a different location on my computer than they are in vault. I tried regenerating the files and that's when I get the duplicate file error. Should I create a factory folder in vault and move the existing files to that new location?

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! If I recall correctly, iPart member files are generated under factory-named folder by default. There is a way to override the behavior but it is not a standard workflow.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7

By default, iPart (generated) members are located in a sub-folder that has the same name as the iPart factory.  The sub-folder is located in the same location as the iPart factory..

Review this video (41:16 mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcn601F6TQ

It discusses the standard, proxy folder structure and the registry hack Smiley Very Happy in how to manage your iPart member location.. 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I understand that iparts automatically generate the folder with the same name as the factory file, and then place the members within that folder. The problem I am having is when I edit an existing part, in vault there is no factory folder but in my vault check out there is a factory folder with all of the members within it. This is a part that was created when my company had a very limited understanding of how iparts work, and how they should be properly created. Can I create a new folder in vault and move the member files to that folder location using the move to folder command so my vault checkout matches vault, or is there another process I need to do to correct this?

move to folder.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report