Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio camera zoom out problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tkuipers
1673 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Studio camera zoom out problem

Dear forum users,

Since the contact help of Autodesk seems more than uttarly useless, I hope that maybe you, the autodesk forum user, can get me on the right track of solving my problem.

While searching this forum and the rest of the internet I have seen people with similar problems, but nowhere have I seen a solution.

Here it comes:

When using Inventor Studio (version 2014 or 2016) to create instructional movies, I would like to move around with the camera around an object. I can do this, but when I use the "add camera action" the camera view will zoom out. The degree of zooming out seems somehow connected with how many camera's and movements of camera's I have used.

I have tried anything I can think of to solve this, including (but not limited to):

- Start over in Inventor Studio by deleting all camera movements and other movements

- Start from scratch in Inventor by deleting the whole assembly file.

- Copy camera view to other camera and start to work from there

- Set the correct view by first setting this view to 'home view' by using the "set current view as home" option (on the cube in the upper right corner)

- Trying to move the zoomed out camera view bank to normal view.

- Trying reset the zoom in the zoomed out camera view (this seems to work counter intuitive: setting 'zoom' to a higher number seems to zoom out.... )

I have made a screen capture movie of what I mean. Unfortunately the quality is poor, but I hope you can see what I mean.

Last but not least: for now I take this habit of inventor studio to be a bug. In light of that I would have thought a bit of leniency, help and understanding from the autodesk support team. Unfortunately it seems they have put up a wall to this question.

Dear autodesk forum user (and maybe autodesk support team?) please help me solve this. To me it seems that Inventor Studio is quite useless if a simple action as changing the camera view cannot be set correctly.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

With kind regards,

Toby

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kpyoung333
in reply to: tkuipers

The easiest way I know is to Create Camera from View where you want the start. Then Animate Camera. Set the time constraints you want ie 0-10sec. Select Definition. Check box Link View. Free rotate camera to next view. OK. Create Camera from View for Camera 2 from the end of this rotated Camera 1 view to start another linked view. Repeat until all cameras and linked views are connected. Select Video Producer. Add cameras and drag them to the time lengths you set. Record Button. Change W=1280 H=960, custom lighting, set save path, set time, check Preview No Render, frame rate 20-30?, render 200-300ish, High, Render. Go to lunch. Close render dialog box. Play. Enjoy.

Message 3 of 3
tkuipers
in reply to: kpyoung333

Hello kpyoung333,

Thank you for your fast reply. I did not know this way of camera panning (the 'animate camera' and 'link view' route I mean). It seems that the camera will not (or sometimes minimal) zoom out when using this way of setting the movement of the camera.

And I will definitely adhere to the ' go to lunch' step you described 🙂

Thank you again!

Toby

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report