Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Simulate Real Time Tolerance Aligning Hole & Shaft

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
313 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Simulate Real Time Tolerance Aligning Hole & Shaft

Hi,

How to simulate the tolerance zone for a hole and shaft in inventor based on the actual part which is going to be manufactured. For example when the hole size is 10.0 to 10.04 and the shaft is 9.96 to 9.98, assume this the hole and shaft going to be manufactured, How can we simulate this real time in inventor i.e when the hole is 10.04, its center would be 5.02 and the shaft is manufactured at 9.98, its center would be 4.99. When this two matches there will be gap in axis(0.03) in real time, how can we simulate this. But so far we are aligning the hole and shaft axis and doing the analysis in inventor. How to simulate the real time scenario(shaft just making line contact with hole because of the shift in axis due to tolerance.

Regards,

Jay

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Real time Tolerance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the best tool in Inventor for doing this is to turn on and configure AutoLimits.  In Inventor 2018 navigate to your Tools tab, then under Options select Add-Ins.  Make sure that AutoLimits is loaded.  You will then find the AutoLimits panel under the Inspect tab.  The use of AutoLimits is rather large so I will refer you to the Inventor help.  I do not think it will be completely what you are looking for but it visually will give you a go-no go type feedback you desire.

AutoLimits Add-In.jpg

AutoLimts Panel.jpg

kelly.young has embedded your images for clarity

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report