Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor: Quadro vs GTX

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2150 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor: Quadro vs GTX

Dear all,

I am going to buy a new workstation for my company to do FEM and CAD (with Inventor).

I would like to buy a GTX 1080 as graphic card since Quadro are not optimized for this software (at least, for the 2013 version).

Anyone would advice me to buy a Quadro (low/mid-end) instead of a GTX 1080 ? If yes, could you please tell me why?

Best,

Christian

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Seems there is no need/nor benefit from a Quardo card anymore as Inventor went to DirectX vs OpenGL years ago..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: mcgyvr

Not for Inventor, but this just popped up on the radar for Maya - special licensing costs for the Mental Ray plug-in for users with Quadro or Tesla cards: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-mental-ray-products.html

Quadro cards just inched forward from "obsolete" to "possibly useful".  Smiley Happy

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you very much for these 2 answers.

So, as I thought, I will probably choose the GTX 1080 solution.

My boss told me that he heard there is more crashes with GTX than Quadro. As the hardware is 99.9% the same between GTX and Quadro, I guess this is not true.

Anyone heard anything about this rumor? After talking to him, it might be because the GPU ran out of memory... so it will not happen with a GTX 1080 and its 8 GB.

(but... as I said, if he is not happy with a GTX 1080... He can sold it to me for cheaper 😄 )

Thank you again,

Best,

Christian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report