Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2013 and Windows 10 64 bit

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
30494 Views, 19 Replies

Inventor Pro 2013 and Windows 10 64 bit

Hi there,

I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 (Pro, 64 bit) about a week ago and have only just managed to download Inventor Pro 2013 and install it, however when I try and launch it it comes up with error 0xc0000142 - The application was unable to start correctly. I have tried the command line solution outlined elsewhere on this website and I cannot install Update 6 for SP2 because Windows Installer cannot find the program, even though it shows up on the list of programs in control panel.

I need to get Inventor working to complete school work, and cannot upgrade to a newer version as all the machines in school run 2013.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Patrick

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 20
JDMather

pturtonsmith wrote:

Any ideas?

I've got 3 ideas.

1. Revert back to an OS on which 2013 is supported.

2. Let your school know that they can get r2016 for free https://schools.autodesk.com/login/

3. or change schools.

(Haven't student licenses for 2013 expired?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 20
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

Autodesk better hurry up.. This is getting old...

I'm really surprised they aren't more proactive... Everyone knew this was coming..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 20
pdxmcad

Patrick,

As others have already noted, Windows 10 is not a supported OS yet.

One thing you can try is to make sure you have the latest patches installed for Inventor 2013.  The specific error message you are getting was one that was address for Windows 8.1 when it came out.  The same issue that was in Windows 8.1 will be in Windows 10, so if you haven't patched your installation then you definitely won't be able to even launch the product on Windows 10.

Mike Dickason
Inventor Development
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

Ok, there are some problems with these ideas:

1. Reverting is just not a possibility for me

2. The school technicians aren't great, most of the teachers are probably more tech literate than they are

3. Not possible when my school is the only school within 20-30 miles

And after I read that I decided to check to see how long I've got left, and I thought I had a year more than I do. I would still like to get Inventor working though.

I've already stated that I cannot patch or update Inventor as Windows Installer "cannot find the program to be upgraded may be missing".

Message 7 of 20
JDMather

pturtonsmith wrote:

I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 (Pro, 64 bit) about a week ago...

1. I think you still have time to revert

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=reverting+windows+10+upgrade

2. Go over their heads to the school administration.  Write letters to the editor of the local newspaper.  Get student governance action.....

3. I just polled my class, some of them come from more than 3 hrs drive, with one 5 hrs from home.

What level is your class?

#4.  Install 2016 on your machine and save your part and assemblies as neutral STEP (*.stp) files. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 20
hossaiy

Hi,

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but i think it's worth checking. Did you apply SP2 before trying to apply Update 6?

Thanks

Yacoub Hossain
Message 9 of 20
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, there are some problems with these ideas:

1. Reverting is just not a possibility for me

Sure it is...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

The school system here is Scotland is much different from the American system (where I imagine most of you guys are from), and there are often just one secondary school to serve one, very widespread area because there are fewer pupils to serve within these areas, which means that there is no choice for me. "Student governance" in my school get little say in what happens beyond a few charity or teambuilding exercises. Qualifications here range from National 4 through to Advanced Higher, I have just started Higher Graphic Communication which is what I need the software for again now.

As for your note about SP2 Yacoub, I'm sure that it was downloaded and installed as part of the initial installation, but I will check thanks.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

I feel a bit daft now, I checked whether SP2 was installed, and it wasn't so I downloaded it and updated it all and everything now works. Could've sworn that it had already been installed with Inventor though.

Many thanks Yacoub for your help.

Message 12 of 20
ydoganizmir

Firstly  new installation, after add

1- Inventor2013_SP1.1_x64.msp (download to Autodesk)

2- Inventor2013_SP2_x64.msp (download to Autodesk)

3- Inventor2014_AllIssues_DEU_X64.zip (injected "bin" folder) (download to Autodesk)

4- IVW17201.zip (download to Autodesk)

5- DL21901959.zip (download to Autodesk)

6- INV17263.zip (download to Autodesk)

7- INV17264.zip (download to Autodesk)

*-* RUN and GO!  Inventor 2013 on Windows 10 Pro 🙂

Message 13 of 20
ydoganizmir
in reply to: ydoganizmir

Inventor2014_AllIssues_DEU_X64.zip file is attached message.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

An old topic, but still valid. As Microsoft ends Windows 7 support in January 2020, I had to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a permanent license for Alias Design 2013 including Inventor Fusion 2013. I am aware they are old versions, but still sufficient for my needs. After the Windows 10 update, Inventor Fusion 2013 does not launch any more. The .msp files mentioned in the message do not run on Windows 10. 

Message 15 of 20
johnsonshiue

Hi! Inventor Fusion as a product has been discontinued. If you want to use Inventor, please download and install Inventor 2020. If you want to use Fusion, please install Fusion 360.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 16 of 20
andrzej.stasz

Good morning. I would like to ask you for help in finding the hot fix:

you provided. Regards. Andrew

Message 17 of 20
mitands

Hi Andrzej, did you get these files?

Message 18 of 20
andrzej.stasz
in reply to: mitands

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I have got it. Regards.

Andrzej Stasz
Message 19 of 20
fpkpwn999

HI ydoganizmir,

could you please upload the referenced files from Andrew’s reply to this forum? They don’t seem to be available to download anywhere anymore.
Much appreciated!

Andrew’s reply referenced:
“Good morning. I would like to ask you for help in finding the hot fix:

you provided. Regards. Andrew”

Message 20 of 20
James_Willo

Hi, if you need these files, please try going to your Autodesk Manage Portal and clicking the strange black blob in the bottom right corner. 

James_Willo_0-1715579110044.png

We advise against uploading installers to the forums as we cannot guarantee they do not have viruses in them. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report