Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor lags

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mguman
202 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor lags

When selecting or hovering my cursos on this specific file, Inventor starts to lag for a few seconds. Other parts\ assemblies don't behave like that. Opening the part itself gives the same issues. No matter in what way I try to interact with the file, it keeps lagging for a seconds unless I stop interacting with it. E.g. selecting the part highlights it after 3 seconds, which shouldn't be the case. 

Many thanks in advance!

Finest regards,

mguman

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster40
in reply to: mguman

Opened just fine in 2023.4.1 (may not be up to date) and Win10.

No delay at all hovering over name or any features but of course that's in the ipt itself and not within any assy.

Sheet metal defaults seems to check out ok at 1.5mm

One possible thing but guessing here is perhaps there are some user defined variables that are the same or similar between various parts or may even exist within the assy you have but that really shouldn't be causing a delay.

If you are able to share the assy or one like it it may help us/others to trace down what is going on as well as confirming what version you are using.  Appears the file may have been created in 2020 and you may be using 2023 now.

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mguman

Hi! I suspect this could be graphics related. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Go to File Explorer and clean up %temp%.

If the lagging persists, please install Microsoft Process Monitor and record a log of the lag. Share it on a cloud drive of your choice and grant me access (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
mguman
in reply to: ampster40

Hi @ampster40 @johnsonshiue,

Thank you for your replies. I just now changed the appearance of the file and that seemed to do the trick for me. I'm certain the issue came from the previous used appearance.. 

I'll mark my reply as a solution and try your alternatives in the future when changing appearances does not solve the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report