Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2020 won't open

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
18344 Views, 17 Replies

Inventor 2020 won't open

Inventor 2020 won't open at all for me. Less than an hour ago, it was running fine. My license is up to date. I tried opening through a part and no luck. The first pop up of Inv. 2020 will show and it will just stay there. My exam is due at 12am EST, please help. I'm unable to restart my pc due to other family members work on it.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

Try and open your Task Manager and check to see if Inventor is running as a background process(es).  If it is, terminate it and try to run the application again.  Also, your family members can save their work and let you restart the computer, it they care about your exam.

Background Processes.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

It is not running in the background. I have restarted the pc and it has not changed anything. 

Message 4 of 18
jhackney1972

I would try and run the application by right clicking on the application exe location and choosing "Run as Administrator".  I am grasping at straws here since I do not know your system and how you have it configured.

Run as Administrator.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

What other information would you need? This was also unsuccessful. I've never seen it act like this and have made hundreds of parts in Inventor 2020.

Message 6 of 18
jhackney1972

Take a look at this forum post and solution.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

I have already attempted this. Thank you for being so patient. 

Message 8 of 18
jhackney1972

It really sounds like it is not getting the proper licensing sequence to me.  Take a look at these two services also.  Make sure they are running also.

To troubleshoot problems like this, you have to take a look at all facets of the workstation.  Things like the Windows version and Anti-Virus settings, access to the internet, etc.  Licenses do not "permanently" install on your workstation anymore, they must the accessed from your Autodesk Account to be verified occasionally.  By the way, if you are running Windows 10, did you install the 19033 developers edition?  If so, that could be your issue.

Flexnet Services.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

I'm using the student version of Inventor Professional 2020 on Windows 10. FlexNet Licensing Service was running, however, FlexNet Licensing Service 64 was not. It is now running and Inventor still won't open.

Message 10 of 18
jhackney1972

I am out of ideas except for one.  Try and run the Autodesk Inventor Reset Utility. It is found in the Start list of applications.  If you have more than one version of Inventor installed, make sure your select the correct one.  Also before running it, go to your Task Manager and make sure Inventor is not running is any way shape or form.

After this, I am out of possible user tests and processes.  I have a couple of administrator processes I use with customers but I hesitate to try them with you without seeing your workstation first. Good Luck!

Reset Utility.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 11 of 18
jhackney1972

Since you marked your forum question with a solution, I am hoping you have your issue solved.  Am I correct or are you just being kind?

John Hackney
Retired

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

This fixed it. thank you so much. you saved my grade. Here's a picture of my final minus a few revisions I can now make thanks to you. Have a great night. 

-Mitchell 

USS ZumwaltUSS Zumwalt

Message 13 of 18
andrewiv

For future reference, I've had this happen on a few pc's at work.  The fix that I've found is to go to task manager and stop the autodesk licensing service.  It will restart by itself the next time you open Inventor and this has worked for me.  On a sidenote, there have been a couple of updates to the licensing service that should be downloaded and installed.  I don't know for sure if this fixes the issue, but I haven't had any complaints yet after installing the update.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 14 of 18
matomemohale

worked for me .thanks

Message 15 of 18
mwenjwa.joy

Hello,

I have a similar problem and I have tried every remedy on this post. Once I finally got to the last option, "Inventor Reset Utility" I reset inventor but now nothing is going on. My professor also told me to repair/reinstall the program through the Control Panel feature and even then, nothing is working. Please help.

Message 16 of 18
johnsonshiue

Hi! Likely it is a licensing issue. Log on manage.autodesk.com and check your entitlement. Make sure you do have license to Inventor 2020.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 17 of 18
mwenjwa.joy
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes, it was a license issue. It finally worked once I uninstalled Inventor, figured out the license part then reinstalled it. Thank you for all the help!

Message 18 of 18
max4ML6H

I was having similar issues, and this helped me as well. I just wanted to say thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report