Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019 and Factory Assets

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tschaeferZNBXX
482 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2019 and Factory Assets

Has anyone ran into speed issues with using Factory Assets and Inventor 2019?

I have tested some of this and I do not see any real speed increase from 2017 to 2019 but this was a big area of focus correct?

Thomas "Matt" Schaefer
Engineering Tooling and Vault Manager for Material Handling Systems MHS

*AU Speaker 2018*
* AU Speaker 2017 *
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
olegd.prod
in reply to: tschaeferZNBXX

Hello there,

Inventor has done a lot of work over the years to improve performance.

These improvements may or may not have impact on Factory workflows - the devil is always in the details.

Can you describe your workflows, and which Inventor performance improvements were you thinking of when you said "I do not see any real speed increase from 2017 to 2019"

thanks,

Oleg

Message 3 of 6
tschaeferZNBXX
in reply to: olegd.prod

It is mostly on opening of assembly files with Vault Factory Assets placed in it.  The performance I am looking for is speed when opening, updating and creating drawing views.  It appears that we still have the same speed issues.  We are investigating if these assets are even created properly or if it is something with how we are working.

Thomas "Matt" Schaefer

*AU Speaker 2018*
* AU Speaker 2017 *
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.
Message 4 of 6
olegd.prod
in reply to: tschaeferZNBXX

Once an asset instance is placed, it is just an Inventor part/sub-assembly in an assembly (layout), so, depending on the details, might be able to benefit from the work Inventor did to improve performance.
Same for creating drawing views - pure Inventor operation (the fact that a file was manipulated via Factory should not have any impact here). Obviously "should not" may be famous last words here 🙂
Let us know what you find.

Oleg
Message 5 of 6
tschaeferZNBXX
in reply to: olegd.prod

That is what I thought or how I thought Inventor handled assets.  

I think this comes down more to how we create our assembly models and the amount of detail (fillets, radius', complex shapes) we have in our assets which is causing the real issue.

Thomas "Matt" Schaefer

*AU Speaker 2018*
* AU Speaker 2017 *
Message 6 of 6

@tschaeferZNBXX

Have you posted your needs/information in the Factory Design Forum?  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-utilities-forum/bd-p/510

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report