Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019.2 Update Error with Copy Design

133 REPLIES 133
SOLVED
Message 1 of 134
ferrisb
7442 Views, 133 Replies

Inventor 2019.2 Update Error with Copy Design

This morning I installed update 2019.2 on a Windows 10 workstation.

Now my copy design from Vault does not work.

Can anyone else reproduce this or, possibly know the solution?

For now I just uninstalled that update, and it works as normal.

VAULT COPY DESIGN ERROR.jpg

133 REPLIES 133
Message 2 of 134
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: ferrisb

The vault team are investigating this; were you prompted to reboot as part of the 2019.2 installation ? Did you try that prior to uninstalling?

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 134
ferrisb
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Reboot did not work.

Message 4 of 134
Mark.Lancaster

@ferrisb

Only offering this as a test.. 

Use the following steps to re-register Autodesk Inventor with your operating system:

1.  Exit Inventor if still running

2a.  Win 8/8.1/10: Select the Windows start button and type CMD (but do not hit an enter)

2b.  Win 7:  Select the Windows start button and type CMD in the search field (but do not hit an enter)

3.  When CMD or command prompt appears in the list, right mouse click and select run as admin

2017-10-12_8-33-26.jpg

4.  When the command prompt appears, navigate using dos commands to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor <version>\Bin or where your Inventor.exe is located if you changed the default install location of Inventor.

In this example I'm navigated to my Inventor 2018 (exe) location.

2017-10-12_8-17-44.jpg

6.  Type Inventor.exe /install.  

2017-10-12_8-30-40.jpg

Wait a few mins and restart Inventor.   At this time you will not see anything occurring.  Don't panic.  Smiley Very Happy  However if you launch Windows task manager you can watch the Inventor.exe process (and see when it ends).

Does that resolve the issue?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 134

What version of Vault are you using (Basic/Workgroup/Professional and 2019/2019.1)?

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 6 of 134
ferrisb
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Vault 2019.1

Message 7 of 134
rachel_li

Hi @ferrisb

Can you try to open an Inventor file from Vault to see if it will get the same error?

Please try to launch Inventor and InventorView.exe([installer path]\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Bin\InventorView.exe) before launching Vault, and try again Open from Vault or Copy Design to see if still get the error.

Best Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Li
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 134
DWhiteley

Some of my customers are also seeing this exact problem while using Copy design in Vault Basic.

Message 9 of 134
scottmoyse
in reply to: DWhiteley

I got a report of this today as well.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Product & Platform Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 10 of 134
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: scottmoyse

Is it possible to get what you are doing within Copy Design?  Are you using Frame Generator?  The reason I am asking is that we are having a hard time reproducing the issue.

Thanks

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 11 of 134

@JamesMcMullen

The thing I see...  One individual just indicated Vault 2019.1 and the other indicated Vault basic..

I would like to know if we are talking about the internal copy design functions that's present in Vault Basic or the external Copy Design that comes with Vault Workgroup/Pro.    Anyhow my 2 cents.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 134
scottmoyse
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Vault Basic Copy Design at my end.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Product & Platform Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 13 of 134
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: scottmoyse

Mark,

I was thinking the same thing as well.  However, I was not able to get my version of Vault Basic to fail.  

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 14 of 134
andy-axium

James,  I am seeing this error, please see the attached Screencast

No Frame Generator parts.

Message 15 of 134
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: andy-axium

Hi Andy,

I am unable to get the attachment.  Is it possible to reattach it or resend it?  

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 16 of 134
ferrisb
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I'm using Vault Basic.

Message 17 of 134
ferrisb

Inventor 2019.2

Vault Basic 2019.1

Copy Design from within Vault Basic DOES NOT WORK.

Not with an assembly.

Not with a single part.

Certainly not with anything from Frame Generator.

Windows 10,

And it sounds like other people are having the same issue.

Been waiting 20 years for spell check & now that it's here, I have to choose between it and Copy Design from Vault Basic, so STUPID.

Message 18 of 134
JamesMcMullen

Since it was mentioned above...  What version of InventorView do you have?   I went to Windows Explorer and navigated to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Bin.  Located InventorView and did a Right Mouse Button on it and selected the Details tab.   My file version is 23.20.26500.0.  Sadly, I am still not able to reproduce the issue.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 19 of 134

What version of Windows 10 are you on?  I am using Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803 build 17134.165.

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 20 of 134
Anonymous
in reply to: DWhiteley

We Also Have Users having this problem.  We are using Vault Basic   We have Found  ** As a Band-Aid ** if we give the user Administrator level in Vault - Copy Design works.....  Not a good Solution  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report