Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2018 - "Replace All" command not working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
607 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2018 - "Replace All" command not working

I need to replace a lot of CC parts which were inserted as std parts, by the same part, as custom files, edited to add our erp part code.

The easier way to do it is using the "Replace All" command. But after upgrading to IV 2018, this command not always work.

Has anyone ever seen this error?

00.png

01.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have all the updates installed for Inventor 2018?
Message 3 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

See this article: https://synergiscadblog.com/2014/04/14/component-replacement-on-a-content-center-part/

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, we installed 2018.3.2 few days ago.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you, it worked.

In fact, I already saw your article, but I forget to perform step 2 Man Frustrated

Message 6 of 8
SBix26

A much easier method to get this done, I think, is to simply add your ERP information to the existing parts.  They're not editable only if they remain in their current location and if the current project remains active.  Change either of those things, and you will be able to edit the iProperties and not go through the whole hassle of replacement.

I recommend simply creating a new project (.ipj file) in the folder where those parts reside, making sure to not give that folder any special status.  Activate this project, make your edits, then switch back to your normal project.  All done.

Hope that helps,

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.1.2 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it too.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I'm sure glad you posted that link.  I just hit a related problem yesterday and am still trying to wrap my head around it.  Your article shed a lot of light on this for me.  My problem was with Place, not Replace, but still basically the same issue of Inventor thinking that fittings "Placed" were part of Tube-and-Pipe but "copied" weren't. 

I noticed that your article was from 2014; so I'm guessing this is an issue that is going to be with us for a while?

I have been trying to push through adding flexible hoses to our assembly models and this glitch isn't helping my case at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report