Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2018 Establish Internet Connection To Continue Error

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
DarrylWoods
944 Views, 15 Replies

Inventor 2018 Establish Internet Connection To Continue Error

INVENTOR ERROR.JPGkelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: How can I solve this error? Anyone?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
johnsonshiue
in reply to: DarrylWoods

Hi! Could you tell me how you installed the product? What kind of license do you have? Is internet connection enabled?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 16
Cadmanto

You have to have an internet connection in order to install.  The software installation is checking the validation of the license number and product code you have been given.  If you don't have one, then you need to contact your VAR to purchase one.  If you have one, and don't have the internet connection, you will need to find one.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 16
DarrylWoods
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the quick response.
IT Installed the product.
I have a single user license.
The internet connection is enabled.

Message 5 of 16
johnsonshiue

Hi Darryl,

Do you mind logging onto your Autodesk account and check your license status? I suspect you might be using network license but the license server path is not configured properly.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 16
DarrylWoods
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you. I will try that.

Message 7 of 16
DarrylWoods
in reply to: Cadmanto

It worked last week.

Message 8 of 16

Did it used to work and now this is a new issue

or

did it never work?

If you reboot the computer - does the issue persist?

Message 9 of 16

I worked before. I logged on last week and created a part. Came back from vacation. Boom! Not working.

Message 10 of 16

@DarrylWoods

If this worked last week without issue, for a test, disconnect from your network, internet, router, network switch or WIFI prior to starting Inventor and launch Inventor..  Does it work now?  If so reconnect back to your network and/or internet.

Also verify using this article https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Meta-l... that nothing was changed in your infrastructure from last week.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 16

Okay. I will try it.

Message 12 of 16
Cadmanto

Mark has a good suggestion.  I also recommend as mentioned do a hard reboot of your PC.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 13 of 16

@DarrylWoods

Another thing you can do is provide us with web services log information.  You can private message me so you can share this file for review since it contains information that you don't want to share in a public forum.

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services\Log\WebServices.log

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 14 of 16

@DarrylWoods

Also I forgot this file C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services\LoginState.xml

However this one too contains sensitive info (so private message me also about this file).

Mark Lancaster

Message 15 of 16

I just got off the phone with our IT guy and we figured out it must be a bad CAT 5 cable. I did not realize that I have been operating on the WiFi network.
Apparently, Inventor do not like our WiFi.

Message 16 of 16
johnsonshiue

Hi Darryl,

That is strange. I have a laptop running on WiFi only and the license server seems to work fine for me. I don't think Inventor or licence server cares how the machine is connected to the network.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report