Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 JIB Crane Design and analysis

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
japm_parra
2671 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2017 JIB Crane Design and analysis

Hi everybody, I'm pretty new using Inventor and the Frame Analysis, so I'm begging your help.
I'm traying to design and analize a Jib Crane for a capacity of 2.5 ton, I've attached coplue of pictures to ilustrate the situacion.

I make an skeleton and insert the members then start Frame Analysis and set up the escenario, but I'm not sure if the constraints are well thinking and set uped, then running the analysis how I can be sure the structure will be stable and work well??

so if anybody could help me and if need the file.
thanks alot

JibCrane_1.jpgJibCrane_2.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@japm_parra wrote:

... how I can be sure the structure will be stable and work well?? 

Can you attach your assembly here?

What is your definition of, "....will be stable and work well?"

Message 3 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: japm_parra

Hi! The constraints and loads you applied are only on a plane. You are solving a 3D model in 2D. The result can give you false security. You need to consider if there are loads coming from other direction (for example, the view direction). Would the frame still be strong enough to take such loads?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 9

Hi!! TheCADWhisperer, thanks for your reply.
I'll attach the file.

I'm asking if the frame will be good enough to support the load of 2.5ton.
and the best way to modelling and analyze this with Inventor.

cheers

Message 5 of 9
japm_parra
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi johnsonshiue, I'm just thinking to apply a vertical load of 2.5 ton and the crane could rotate on the pin with the load.

actually I'm asking if my set up constraints are well to this model?? or wich should be the best way to consider the loads in reallity

thanks for your reply

Message 6 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: japm_parra

The iam just by itself does no good.  You will have to provide ALL of the model files.  

There are several ways to do this, but probably the most reliable is to:

1. with the iam open in Inventor, click on the File tab.
  2. Choose Save-As > Pack-n-go
  3. Use the copy to single path option... also select the Package as .zip.

Post the generated .zip file

Thanks,

Kirk

Message 7 of 9
japm_parra
in reply to: karthur1

Hi karthur1,

I'll attach the zip file with the project.

thanks for reply.

Message 8 of 9

How much training/experience do you have with FEA?

On the real world assembly do you have a cable attached at the location of the Pinned constraint?

This analysis assumes the load is perfectly vertical and static.

FoS.png

Message 9 of 9

Sorry but I don't have any FEA training or experience.

about the constraints, I was thinking to build a concrete foundation at the base, because of that is the fixed constraint, then running the analysis just with the base constrained, the displacement is to much, I guess, so I propuse a constraint at the top of the mistily like cable, or bolted support to the wall to keep the same frame. running with the pinned constraint the displacement is much less.

but I decide to post my project to ask if I'm doing a good analysis or I need to consider other constraints or forces.

as I wrote it is a Jib Crane which load will be 2.5 ton applied a long the 'I' beam, move up and down and rotate at the pivot. but I think the critical position is at the end of the beam.
so what do you think?? , I need to change the constraints or consider other loads?? to make more accurate.

thanks a lot for your time and help, I appreciate so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report