Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Emre_Yucel
161 Views, 4 Replies

Installation view

Hello, in the old versions in the assembly, there was marking and pinning that appropriate assemblies were made, you can look at the photo, but in the 2024 version there is no this ability, I wonder if we need to adjust it somewhere, how can I edit this problem, thanks for your help, good day

Pinned.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi

A pin means that an element is immobilized (via a command, not a constraints).

The dot indicates the degree of freedom of the component. You can control the display of the dot in the browser menu (hamburger). 

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Kacper, I think I expressed it wrong, I was talking about the filled and empty box at the point I marked, actually

Emre_Yucel_0-1721817522430.jpeg

Message 4 of 5

Yes, this is information about the degrees of freedom of the component.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 5
k.hendrickx
in reply to: Emre_Yucel

these boxes can be turned on and off in the little hamburger button in the top right corner of the model browser

khendrickx_0-1721837181245.png

Once a component is immovable (either due to constraints or due to being grounded) the circle will be filled up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report